Salmon, Avocado and Quinoa Salad
Try this delicious and healthy salad for a super nutritious, filling and enjoyable dinner / lunch.
- Salmon and avocado salad:
- 4 salmon fillets (150g each)
- 1 cup (190g) black quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 2 avocados
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 handful of slivered almonds
- Grapefruit vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Rinse the black quinoa and cook it with two cups of water, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the salmon fillets on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick baking pan. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely and piece into medium to large chunks.
Peel the grapefruit and cut into wedges or slices. Cut the avocados in half, peel and slice them.
For the grapefruit vinaigrette: place the oil, grapefruit juice, vinegar, honey and mustard in a glass jar. Season with salt and pepper, seal the jar and shake to combine.
Toast the slivered almonds on both sides in a small pan on high heat for a couple of minutes while stirring constantly to prevent them from burning.
Blend all the ingredients in a large bowl and serve with the grapefruit vinaigrette.
Serve and enjoy!